With Fall right around the corner we’re already preparing for cozy blankets and delicious soup to comfort our SOUL. We’re coming in clutch with this healthy & yummy Cauliflower Roasted Red Pepper soup. It’s easy and delectable!
- 4 medium-sized red bell peppers
- 1 head of cauliflower, diced into flourets
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh Thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoked Paprika
- Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Cut the red bell peppers in half, scoop out the seeds and lay face-down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Broil in the oven on high until the skin has become black. Remove from the oven and place into a sealed container and allow the peppers to cool down and steam. This makes it easier to remove the skin from the pepper.
2. Broil the cauliflower florets in the oven on high until they are tender and crisp, making sure to turn them over halfway. Takes about 20-25 minutes.
3. While the cauliflower is roasting, place the oil in a large pot, add the diced onion and garlic cloves. Saute over medium-to-low heat until the onions are tender and caramelized.
4. Add the chicken stock, Thyme, and smoked Paprika into the pot and mix everything together. Allow the mixture to simmer on medium-heat.
5. Remove the skins from the peppers, dice the peppers and add them into the pot; mix together. Do the same with the cauliflower. Allow the soup to simmer on medium-heat for 20 minutes.
6. Add the soup into a blender 2 cups at a time and blend until mixture is creamy and pureed. Do the same with the rest of the soup. Add the pureed soup into the same pot, add salt and pepper for extra taste; allow to sit and simmer on low-heat until ready to serve!